5 Ab Fat Burning Tips
If you want to get flat abs, you have to burn off the excess belly fat. Having stronger muscles won’t be enough because they’ll be covered by fat. Here are 5 ab fat burning tips to get you quicker results.
- Don’t forget to eat – While it may seem logical to cut down drastically on your calorie consumption, this isn’t the right way to go about it. You need to eat in order to be able to workout properly and to maintain a good metabolic rate. If you eat too little, your body will begin to burn less calories, making it harder for you to continue losing fat. It’s what you eat and not how much (within reason) that counts the most.
- Make your cardio workouts more intensive – A lot of people do cardio, but they don’t do a good job of it. They much prefer doing the same paced cardio for an hour or so without really pushing themselves. Yes, you can still build up a nice sweat by doing regular cardio, the key to burning the most body and ab fat is to make your workout strenuous.
- Workout your entire body – Don’t try to burn ab fat by doing more stomach exercises. It just doesn’t work that way. If you want to burn more fat, you need to think of your body as a whole and begin focusing on fat burning workouts and not stomach workouts which tend to burn less fat than other strength exercises like squats, lunges, pushups, chinups and so on.
- Avoid working out with machines. Free weights and bodyweight is always better since it forces your body to work on your stabilizing muscles as well as your main muscles. It makes the exercise harder and burns more fat. Simply put, machines are out, free weights are in.
- The final ab fat burning tip I can give you involves visualization. Unless you can picture how it will be when you achieve your goal, you will never get there. The mind and body are connected, so picturing how you will look and feel when you get flat abs will help you get better and faster results.